Norwegians have a recipe upon which they owe their beauty and infamous doctors even advise people to consume it for longevity of life. This particular drink was consumed daily by an Englishman named Thomas Parr and he lived for 152 years. The power that gave him such a long life was whey. Its composition is similar to that of the breast milk and can be used in infants and young children as well. Whey is excellent for weight loss as it has only 26 calories per 100 grams. There is less than 1% of protein and 93% of water, then iron, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, copper, cobalt, sodium, potassium, manganese, vitamins, enzymes, and amino acids.
These are some tips on how to use it:
- Whey has the power to clean the liver – people with liver disease need to consume it because whey has beta-lacoglobulin that allows the body be supplied with BCAA amino acids able to fight the diseases. This is especially good for people who have cirrhosis.
- It can enhance the mood and promote regular sleep – this is due to alpha-lactalbumin that has essential amino acid tryptophan and is also rich in immunoglobulin lizosom that strengthens the immunity (excellent for those with hepatitis). Whey has also lactoferrin that is very effective in protecting the body from infections and harmful toxins. The levels if cytesine in people with hepatitis C are very low and it impairs the liver damage, thus acting like a powerful antioxidant, the glutathione in whey may aid with chronic inflammation, thyroid imbalances, cancer, sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.
- It is good for weight loss – whey is excellent for them because the large amount of electrolytes present in it. It will energize and hydrate the body, making it more useful than any energy drinks that are harmful. It reduces the appetite, promoting weight loss.
- It allows faster recovery after a tough workout and helps muscle grow.
- It helps with nerve health – this is because whey reduces blood pressure and blood glucose and it also eliminates the risk of fatigue, stress, high blood pressure, and obesity.
- It is good for improving digestion – the lactic acid it contains reduces the amounts of fungus and bacteria found in the intestines which can work more effectively because of the low pH levels. Upon regular consumption, whey can aid with constipation, cramps, bloating, chronic intestine inflammation, and diverticulitis.
Whey is excellent in aiding the following health conditions:
- Chronic fatigue;
- Obesity due to stress;
- Reduced immunity;
- Upset stomach;
- Reduced immunity
- Cleansing the body of toxins and harmful materials.
You may make it at home with raw milk, but you can purchase it in the markets which offer organic foods, or local producers as well. Cow’s whey is good, but goat’s whey is better. It is a by-product of cheese and can be made in a much larger production.
How to make it at home: put 1 liter of goat or cow milk and put it on the stove to boil. When it boils, remove the milk from the heat and add lemon juice (squeezed from 1 lemon) in it while it is still hot. Stir it constantly and then let it cool down. After a while the green milk will start to separate and that is the whey. You’ll need to strain the liquid and keep it in a glass bottle storing it in the fridge. Drink 1.5 dl three times a day and eventually your body will get used to it, so you’ll be able to drink 1 liter daily. Bear in mind that it has diuretic properties.
If you have digestion issues, mix 1 tsp of whey with a glass of water and drink it before the meal